Displaying a thin grasp of science, President Donald Trump questioned the reality of global warming because it was cold outside. Then came a federal report laying out the severe consequences of climate change and rebutting the notion that a frigid snap means it isn’t happening. Sizing up the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump declared he had closed it this past week and mandated that “no one’s coming in.” Actually, one crossing from Mexico, among dozens that stayed open, was partially closed before rush hour and pedestrians still had access to the U.S. during that time. Before and throughout his Thanksgiving vacation in Florida, Trump took no holiday from twisting facts across a broad front — on Saudi Arabia, the recent election and the 2001 terrorist attacks among the topics. A look at some of his rhetoric: CLIMATE TRUMP: “This is the coldest weather in the history of the Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC, and one of the coldest Thanksgivings on record!” — tweet Thursday. TRUMP: “Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS – Whatever happened to Global Warming?” — tweet Wednesday. THE FACTS: Trump is conflating weather and climate. Weather is like mood, which changes daily. Climate is like personality,… Read full this story
- More conservatives break with Trump over election claims
- UK PM Reportedly Mulling New Laws Against Twitter Censors to Dodge Trump's 'Fact-Checking' Fate
- A few cracks but no big GOP break with Trump on Biden’s win
- JANET STREET-PORTER: Who cares if The Crown twists history? I just want a regal soap opera, gorgeous clothes and an escape from lockdown misery. If I want the facts, I’ll Google them
- Donald Trump concedes in all but name as he caves and lets transition to Joe Biden FINALLY begin after Michigan certifies Democrat's victory there - but STILL claims he can prevail in doomed legal fight to overturn election results
- ‘Gonna Write in the Name of Another Republican’: Bolton Confirms He Won’t Vote Trump or Biden
- Donald Trump, allies make frantic steps to overturn Joe Biden victory
- Will leave White House if Electoral College declares Joe Biden winner: Donald Trump
- Did late deciders for Donald Trump impact the election polls this year?
- Twitter will start accepting new 'blue check mark' requests next year with guidelines that could put Donald Trump's verified status at risk if he loses his 'world leaders' protection
On break, no break by Trump in twisting facts: AP FACT CHECK have 387 words, post on chicago.suntimes.com at November 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.