Video PlayerClose CHANGSHA, Nov. 19 (Xinhua) — China’s train maker CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co. Ltd. debuted two types of train at an international rail transit expo closed in central China’s Hunan Province on Saturday. One of the two train models, shown at the Rail+Metro China 2018, is a double decker with eight compartments, developed to meet demand for large passenger numbers for inter-city railways, the company said. The train with 820 seats has a maximum capacity of 1,708 passengers, which is 40 percent more than the capacity of existing trains. The train units are equipped with advanced audio-visual entertainment facilities. With comfortable interior space, the train has independent toilets for disabled persons. Yang Ying, deputy chief engineer with the company, said that the double-decker can run at a speed of 160 km/h, which can be made faster through system upgrading. The other model has a permanent magnet synchronous motor, the first time for China-developed high-speed trains to use such technology. The electric motor is lighter and more power-efficient than existing ones.
- Adviser urges use of high-speed trains for deliveries
- $58b for North-South high speed train: consultants
- China stages first high-speed train crash test
- High-speed trains. Fast internet. Clean water. Solar energy: These should be Biden's goals now
- Egypt to build new high-speed train between Red Sea and Mediterranean
- China's first crashworthiness test for high-speed trains completed
- High-speed train service postponed after cat clambers on to its roof
- New Fuxing bullet trains debut before Spring Festival travel rush
- California High-speed Rail Hopes Joe Biden Restores $1 Billion for Rural Train
- California High-Speed Rail Officials Want To Tap Remaining Bond Funds
New types of high-speed trains on debut in China have 257 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.