Visitors at the room dedicated to heroic Vietnamese mothers (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – The Southern Women’s Museum in Ho Chi Minh City on November 1 inaugurated a room dedicated to heroic Vietnamese mothers in the southern region, with 70 portraits and 60 objects on display. Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy, Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Culture and Sports, said the launch of the room demonstrates people’s sentiments to and respect for the heroic mothers who contributed greatly to the nation’s revolutionary cause. Using smart-museum technology, the room has vividly captured images of the mothers during their past struggle for national independence and reunification, said the museum’s Director Nguyen Thi Tham. On this occasion, the museum also showcased 150 big-bellied jars from ethnic minority groups in the Central Highlands region, which have been collected over the past 20 years. Last July, HCM City presented the title of Heroic Vietnamese Mother to 44 women on the occasion of the 71st anniversary of the War Invalids and Martyrs Day (July 27, 2018), for their sacrifices towards national independence and reunification. The city currently has around 5,500 Vietnamese heroic mothers. –VNA
- Playful new NY math museum not for squares
- Historic Met museum puts new technologies on display (video)
- New York’s New Whitney Museum Shows American Freedom
- Who's The Man Beneath Picasso's 'The Blue Room'?
- How one tech competition hopes to help create the 'hotel room of the future'
- At Getty Museum, revelations of art via tech
- How Big Data Helped the Norman Rockwell Museum Grow Revenue
- Digital Reading Room: The Final Chapter
- Shooting long-distance family portraits via Skype
- The Obama Penis Portrait You’ve Been Waiting For: This Week In Penises
Museum devotes room to portraits of heroic Vietnamese mothers have 268 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.