US Vice President Mike Pence has said that the contested South China Sea isn’t the domain of any country, challenging Beijing’s claims to the resource-rich region. “The South China Sea doesn’t belong to any one nation, and you can be sure: the United States will continue to sail and fly wherever international law allows and our national interests demand,” Pence said on Friday. The South China Sea doesn't belong to any one nation, and you can be sure: The United States will continue to sail and fly wherever international law allows and our national interests demand. #VPinAsia pic.twitter.com/Tkn87vrnJN — Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) 16 ноября 2018 г. Pence, who travelled to Singapore to attend the ASEAN-US summit, told South Asian leaders on Thursday that there was no place for “empire and aggression” in the Indo-Pacific — a noticeable nod towards Beijing’s regional ambitions. US Vice President Mike Pence earlier this month accused China of “malign” efforts to undermine Trump ahead of the November midterms and reckless military actions in the disputed territories in the South China Sea, charges that China denied. READ MORE: Trade Representative Denies Claims US Put Upcoming China Tariffs on Hold The South China Sea is one of the world’s most contested areas, mainly because it handles one-third of the world’s maritime trade and is considered to be… Read full this story
- Philippines President Duterte seeks to cut U.S. military ties while wooing China
- China releases footage of fighter jet 'Flying Shark' drilling as Beijing flexes military muscles amid tensions with Taiwan and the US
- Mistrust of Australia is growing in China
- China releases white paper on national defence strategy, warns of 'Taiwan independence'
- US Warship Sails Near South China Sea Islands Claimed by China
- Trump's China tariffs blow up Pompeo's efforts at conciliation
- A Year of Multiple Standoffs, Few Solutions in South China Sea Dispute
- Why China’s Coast Guard Spent 258 Days in Waters Claimed by Malaysia
- Experts call for clear rules to prevent ramming incidents on South China Sea
- How are China's neighbors combating the PLA Navy?
Mike Pence Says Disputed South China Sea Belongs to Nobody Amid US-China Feud have 341 words, post on sputniknews.com at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.