Here are snapshots of what our reviewers thought of the movies opening this week in the Seattle area. (Star ratings are granted on a scale of zero to four.) ★★★½ “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” (R; 106 minutes): The based-on-a-true-story feature — about a struggling Manhattan freelance writer (a brilliant Melissa McCarthy) who embarks on a career as a forger of literary letters — tells a tale so irresistible it seems made for the movies. Full review. SIFF Egyptian, Grand Cinema. — Moira Macdonald, Seattle Times movie critic ★★★½ “Viper Club” (R; 107 minutes): Susan Sarandon brings grace and heartbreaking power to her portrayal of a mother whose video-journalist son has been taken hostage by terrorists in war-ravaged Syria. Full review. Multiple theaters. — Soren Andersen, Special to The Seattle Times ★★★½ “Wildlife” (PG-13; 104 minutes): A small-scale gem with a haunting final image, Paul Dano’s debut feature is the story of a 1960s family quietly imploding. Carey Mulligan, Ed Oxenbould and Jake Gyllenhaal star. Full review. Meridian, Seattle 10. — Moira Macdonald ★★½ “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” (PG; 100 minutes): Take the beloved “Nutcracker” ballet, mix it up in a festive vat with equal parts of “The Chronicles of Narnia,” “The Wizard of Oz,” the… Read full this story
- Who is Melissa McCarthy, what movies has she starred in and who is her husband Ben Falcone?
- Melissa McCarthy: We need to see stories from different points of view
- 7 movies, including Will Smith’s ‘Gemini Man,’ open Oct. 11 in the Seattle area; our reviewers weigh in
- Movie reviews: 'Gemini Man' feels like a slick direct to DVD action film
- Breaking Bad movie release date: What time is El Camino released on Netflix?
- McDonald's Yigo to have grand opening Nov. 17
- French weekly magazines review 4 November 2018
- French weekly magazines review 18 November 2018
- French weekly magazines review 21 October 2018
- French weekly magazines review 14 October 2018
Melissa McCarthy leads a hot week of movies; our reviewers weigh in on what’s opening Nov. 2 have 296 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.