Huynh Cach Mang, Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, made the remarks while visiting the staff of the Consulate General of Cambodia in Ho Chi Minh City on November 5 on the 65th anniversary of Cambodia’s Independence Day (November 9, 1953).
On behalf of the city’s leaders and people, Huynh Cach Mang offered congratulations to Cambodia on its achievements recorded under the reign of King Norodom Sihamoni and the leadership of Prime Minister Hun Sen.
He said he hopes the Cambodian people will reap greater attainments to build their country wealthily.
He stated that HCM City always treasures the sound neighborliness, traditional friendship, and comprehensive, durable and long-lasting cooperation between Vietnam and Cambodia and will do more to foster the relations, including the one between the city and other Cambodian localities, in a more productive manner.
HCM City and Phnom Phenh have exchanged a lot of high-ranking delegation visits, created new impulses for bilateral ties growth, and carried out cooperative projects, thus bringing practical benefits to the two sides, he said.
He also said that trade promotion and exchange, education cooperation and charity activities between HCM City and other Cambodian localities have helped to promote the sound relations between the two countries.
Im Hen, Consul General of Cambodia in HCM City, thanked the city for assisting the Consulate General in hosting Cambodian delegations on their working visits to Vietnam, saying the deed reflects the close-knit relations between the two countries, HCM City and Phnom Penh, and the Consulate General and municipal agencies.
He said in the past decade, Cambodia recorded an annual GDP growth of 7 percent.
Trade between Cambodia and Vietnam reached 3.8 billion USD in 2017 and Vietnam remained the leading investor in Cambodia with around 582 million USD in the year.
Also in 2017, up to 835,000 Vietnamese visited Cambodia while 222,000 Cambodians visited Vietnam, he reported.-VNA
- City releases previously deleted emails tied to Make Your Date
- Trump defends ICE raids as some major cities vow to resist
- City Employee With Alt-Right Ties Made Coworkers Feel "Unwelcome and Fearful"
- Attempted arson suspect at New York City cathedral may have Boston tie
- Is Huawei a Security Threat? Vietnam Isn’t Taking Any Chances
- Oklahoma City selected for 2019 Navy Week
- Lasting Damage of Cambodia's Press Oppression
- Cambodia probing where shipments of plastic waste came from
- Vietnam Sees Its Future in 5G
- 17 dead after building collapses in Cambodia