Flexible working spaces are set to grow by up to 30% annually for the next five years across Europe, according to property firm Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL).And it says that will change the way thousands of businesses of all sizes organise their work force. JLL described it as one of the biggest shifts in the property industry.Firms like WeWork and IWG offer office space and services, allowing clients to shrink or grow their number of desks, or the period they need them for. Founded in the US in 2010, WeWork is already London and New York’s largest private office occupier. ‘Reshaping business models’So far this year, flexible workspace operators have taken up one sixth of all new commercial property in the UK capital and last year their footprint outside the capital tripled with Manchester and Birmingham seeing the fastest growth. Initially popular with small start-up companies, these facilities are increasingly being used by large multi-national organisations who need to expand or reduce their workforce in line with the volume of work they have. Dan Brown of JLL says: “The consumerisation of real estate is reshaping business models.”The rapid growth in this “office on demand” business has seen the value of… Read full this story
- Alibaba signs deal with co-working space venture CoWrks for 30 seats
- The True Price of Privatizing Space Travel
- Miami Beach parking officer, 57, is arrested in bribery sting operation after 'demanding $1,000 a month from a valet company and $400 from a nightclub to ignore violations'
- Honeywell’s vision of the ‘smart office’ focuses on efficiency and savings
- Commuters waste an average of 54 hours a year stalled in traffic, study says
- Chinese co-working space provider Ucommune files for U.S. IPO
- Chinese co-working space provider Ucommune files for US IPO
- Hands off #OurLand: gifting green space to QPR highlights wider threat to cities
- HCM City seeks to bring down soaring land prices
- Dreaming of a white Christmas! Hopes soar for a festive frosting as many areas of Britain wake up to a blanket of snow after a night of blizzards - with temperatures plunging to -8C, ice warnings in place and more flurries forecast
Flexible office space demand 'to soar over five years' have 349 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.