At present, price of pig fluctuate from VND51,000 to VND55,000 per kilogram doubling the same period last year; accordingly, breeders in the southern province of Dong Nai’s Thong Nhat, Trang Bom, Cam My and Xuan Loc districts are delighted as they had to suffer loss when pork price fell. However, many of them ran up huge debts.
Farmer Nguyen Minh Hoang in Thong Nhat said that breeders are broke after long time of low price. Breeders hope high price of pork will maintain till Tet holiday to make a comeback.
The pig farm owner Nguyen Cuong said that he realizes that price of pork will surge in September in Lunar Calendar because of buoyant demand. He added he was saddled with debt last time; yet, thanks to high price in recent months, he earned profit to pay debt.
Therefore, he hopes to have thriving Tet holidays after he sells 2,000 pigs.
Chairman of Dong Nai Pig Husbandry Association Nguyen Tri Cong said that pig price has continuously gone up to VND50,000 a kilogram. Subsequently, farmers raise more 2 million pigs. Nevertheless, the association warned people not to raise more but update the market information and not to speculate higher price.
Especially, breeders should cooperate with others to reduce price to compete with imported pork and with big farms.
By TIEN MINH – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Midwest flood risk may persist for months, experts warn
- Experts warn against cutting Chesapeake Bay Program fundingYou may also be interested in...
- Experts Warn Fatal ‘Zombie’ Deer Disease Could Spread To Humans
- National Security Expert Warns There's 'A Chance That Vladimir Putin Is Controlling’ Trump's White House
- ISIS has stashed away millions to fund new wave of attacks against the West, UN experts warn
- Experts warn against watching Super Bowl online
- Trump 'Explicitly Tying His Personal Business Interests' to U.S. Diplomacy, Experts Warn After Golf Course Tweet
- Artificial intelligence experts warn A.I. could be blessing or curse
- National debt tops $22 trillion for first time; experts warn of consequences
- Donald Trump 'May Have Committed Treason,' National Security Expert Warns