Finance executives are increasingly betting on digital transformation. But taking decisions around deploying technologies are never easy and smooth. In an interview with ETCFO, Prasad Rai, Vice President – Applications, Oracle, shares some simple tips that can help CFOs make informed and better decisions with respect to technology. Edited excerpts:Q: How do you think CFOs view digital transformation today?Prasad Rai: CFOs, being a part of the senior management, look at digital transformation today not only from finance viewpoint but also from business perspective. The first thing they want as a change is how they can be more agile; how they can adapt to new unseen scenarios that may crop up; or how they can do regular work faster and more efficiently.Finance executives want to be seen as digital CFOs. And one area they are keenly looking at implementing technology is planning, budgeting and forecasting. They want to get rid of the tyranny of spreadsheets with a set of tools that are agile and can give them a familiar user interface.Also, they are looking at deploying technology in closure of books too. Listed companies report numbers every quarter, and sometimes the entire process itself takes 6-8 weeks. This is because they… Read full this story
- Raising funds has become difficult from banks, but we are not facing any major challenges: JK Tyres CFO Sanjeev Aggarwal
- Transport of tomorrow: Smart technologies increase productivity for bus operations
- The role of emerging technologies in military conflicts
- After a hiatus, China accelerates cyberspying efforts to obtain U.S. technology
- On chopsticks people, paper technology and the rise of China
- The Big Read: Singapore's high-rise littering problem
- CEO of blockchain company Chain on what everyone gets wrong about the technology
- Time to harness TECHNOLOGY
- ‘Everything smart has a problem:’ Cybergeddon looms
- The Big Read: In the pursuit of technology, what happens to workers left behind?
CFOs must have a clear understanding of the problem before deploying technology: Prasad Rai have 304 words, post on cfo.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 22, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.