The Ministry of Transport (MoT) had decided to stop collecting tolls from build-operate-transfer (BOT) roads that had quickly fallen into disrepair after opening (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Ministry of Transport (MoT) had decided to stop collecting tolls from build-operate-transfer (BOT) roads that had quickly fallen into disrepair after opening. The action taken by Transport Minister Nguyen Van The has been applauded by experts and drivers whose money is going straight into the pockets of BOT investors. Several BOT highways have raised public concern after experiencing problems even in their trial periods. For example, a section of the Da Nang-Quang Ngai Expressway funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) was opened to traffic in August last year, but after 14 months of operation, cracks and holes have appeared on the road surface. The damage has caused risks for vehicles traveling at high speeds on the expressway. The minister has asked the Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC) – the investor – to stop collecting tolls on the road until the damage is repaired. Toll collections would resume 16 days after repair work was completed. A BOT project to upgrade and widen a section of road on the National Highway in Binh… Read full this story
- Stocks Rise as Wary Investors Face Prospect of Bear Market
- Feaster Five, Massachusetts' largest Thanksgiving road race, facing record-breaking cold temperatures Thursday
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Faces Twitter Backlash After Claiming MLK 'Gave His Life'
- Past MLK critics face Twitter backlash after celebrating his legacy today
- Scouting state football: Palmer Ridge has a long road to face No. 1 Palisade
- Butler basketball hits the road to face stiff test vs. Saint Louis
- GYM: No. 5 Georgia Hits the Road to Face No. 1 Oklahoma
- Kansas College Student Facing Campus Backlash for Using Term 'Illegal Aliens'
- Ellen DeGeneres Begs Kevin Hart To Host The Oscars, Faces Fiery Backlash
- Trump faces conservative backlash over push for new tariff powers
BOT road investors face quality backlash have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.