Jakarta (VNA) – The 2018 ASEAN Women’s Circle (AWC) Bazaar was opened at the ASEAN Secretariat’s headquarters in Jakarta, Indonesia, on November 1.
It is one of the AWC’s annual events to not only raise fund for people affected by disasters in the region but also foster mutual understanding, solidarity and friendship among the ASEAN member states and dialogue partners.
Themed “Indulge, Shop and Share”, this year’s bazaar saw the presence of permanent representatives of ASEAN nations, dialogue partners and their spouses, members of diplomatic corps, patrons of AWC, vendors and guests from the local and international community.
It features 100 booths run by the 10 ASEAN countries and partners offering a wide range of products, including handicrafts, clothing, jewelleries, and traditional foods.
Mina from the Embassy of Japan in Indonesia, who takes part in the charity event for the first time, said she was impressed with the displayed products and people here. Everybody here is friendly and nice, she said.
Mina and her co-workers at the embassy have been busy over the past few days preparing Japanese well-known dish Sushi to bring to the bazaar.
The annual AWC bazaar has become a cultural event to promote signature products and distinctive culture of participating countries, including Vietnam, said Nguyen Do Ngan Giang, Third Secretary at the Embassy of Vietnam in Indonesia. –VNA
- Women judges open convention in Vigan
- 24th ASEAN leaders' meeting opens, focusing on Community
- ASEAN a ‘more open market’ than EU, US: WEF
- ASEAN ministers to open energy events
- St. James mounts annual bazaar
- Coffee and Asean women
- Asean energy ministers open Manila meeting
- ASEAN EXPO 2013 opens in Brunei
- Michelle Wie keeps share of lead at US Women’s Open
- Trump reportedly threatened to sue the USGA if it moved the US Women’s Open away from his course