News 7 // 06 Nov 2018, 05:32 IST SHARE LONDON (AP) — When England recovered within months from a humiliating home Rugby World Cup campaign to Grand Slam the Six Nations in 2016, it clamored to play the double world champion All Blacks. Eddie Jones, the new coach, led the cheerleading. For various reasons — money, scheduling, drawing out the hype — the matchup was put off. Finally, it’s here. This Saturday at Twickenham. And the English ought to be careful of what they wished for. A game that a year ago was being hyped as a preview of the 2019 Rugby World Cup final is no longer the headliner of this November series. That would be New Zealand’s visit to Ireland next week. England can blame only itself. Notwithstanding upsetting the Springboks last weekend in the first skirmishes, England remains tough but unsettled and exposed. After a glamorous 2016 and 2017, including 18 wins in a row, England’s losses outweigh the wins this year. Meanwhile, the All Blacks will next week achieve nine successive years as No. 1. And could lose the ranking the next day to Ireland in Dublin. Ireland replaced England this year as Europe’s big… Read full this story
- VOTE: Pick your Wallabies team for the June Tests vs Ireland
- The Wrap: The players in line for a Wallabies jersey vs Ireland
- RECAP: Hull KR vs Hull FC reaction to derby squads and Danny McGuire blow
- Time to look at introducing Plate and Bowl to Rugby World Cup
- Why the Wallabies can't afford to underestimate a red-hot Ireland
- How Schmidt beat the All Blacks: What makes a champion coach?
- The day Leinster almost beat the All Blacks
- Tiering tired southern rugby to tantalise tragics
- The emerging next generation of rugby stars with famous dads
- The tragic tale of the man who might have been Wales rugby coach
All Blacks vs Ireland headlines November rugby series have 293 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.