Australia’s newspaper lists 10 reasons to visit Ho Chi Minh City.
Cherish French memoirs, experience the horrors of war, enjoy the essence of victory, learn more about Vietnam, visit temples and pagodas are a few of the tips the article gives Ho Chi Minh city travelers to take an adventure trip.
The writer suggested French memoirs the number one reason why visitors to Ho Chi Minh City. “The spirit of the French, who lived there for almost a century, is still encapsulated in the city’s passion for baguettes, coffee, champagne and series of pastel-hued buildings like the Norte Dame Cathedral, Main Post Office, Opera House and Hotel de Ville which appear like pieces directly shipped from France. Most of them are clustered around the Lam Son Square and Dong Khoi Area from where the city’s repute as “Paris of the East” emerged,” Indian Link wrote.
Experiencing the horrors of war is another tip the newspaper provided. The infamous Vietnam War which ended in 1975 still haunts many around the globe. The artifacts at the War Remmants Museum such as military equipment, documents and photographs, show modern generation dreads of the war while a trip to Cu Chi tunnels in the city outskirt demonstrates the creative survival techniques of the guerrilla soldiers.
Earlier, Ho Chi Minh City has been ranked 5th among the 10 hot travel destinations which is expected to see the sharpest increase of tourists by 2025, according to a list released by TravelSupermarket, a travel deals website.
The survey is based on data from Euromonitor to find out just which major cities will see the fastest percentage growth in tourist arrivals by 2025.
Nearly 4.4 million travelers visited Ho Chi Minh city in the first seven months of 2018, according to the municipal Tourism Department.
In 2018, the city’s Tourism Department plans to finish working out a tourism development strategy which identifies key tourism products and markets to better serve the demands of both domestic and foreign visitors. The southern metropolis is expected to receive 7.5 million foreign visitors this year.
- Society 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos In Ho Chi Minh City, there’s a music street called Nguyen Thien Thuat
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to livestream all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to broadcast live all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to broadcast live all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Technology and the expats in Vietnam
- Sports Ho Chi Minh City TV to broadcast live all cycling tourney stages for 1st time Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Sports Juventus F.C. to open football academy in Ho Chi Minh City Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Sports Canada eager to develop ice hockey in tropical Ho Chi Minh City US, Vietnam discuss opportunities for aviation cooperation
- Sports Foreign sports gain popularity in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City border guards receive new patrol boats, speedboats
- Lifestyle Vintage cars, motorbikes on display in Ho Chi Minh City In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Sports New martial arts gain popularity in Vietnam Volunteers give flowers to strangers on Women’s Day in Ho Chi Minh City