Hanoi (VNA) – VinFast, a subsidiary of the multi-sector conglomerate Vingroup, and the PetroVietnam Oil Corporation (PV Oil) on October 25 signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation to implement a system of stations for charging electric vehicles and leasing batteries.
Under this deal, VinFast will initially install charging equipment at 600 gas stations of PV Oil nationwide. The number of such stations will be increased to 20,000 by 2020.
At PV Oil stations, VinFast will flexibly provide services to meet customers’ demand, including quick charging, overnight charging, and leasing batteries.
PV Oil is one of the leading petrol retailers in Vietnam with its outlets present in all 63 provinces and cities.
The partnership with PV Oil is said to be an important step towards debuting VinFast’s electric motorbikes in late 2018 and electric cars in the future.
General Director of Vingroup Nguyen Viet Quang said this cooperation is the first step to set up 30,000 – 50,000 charging and battery leasing stations of VinFast nationwide in the near future. VinFast will continue seeking prestigious partners with location advantages to expand this network.
Earlier, the company also sought resellers for its electric scooters.-VNA
- Duquesne Light Unveils One Of The Largest Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Pittsburgh Area
- Egyptian, Chinese companies to manufacture electric vehicle charging stations
- Electric vehicle charging station opens off I-15 in Nevada
- 112 EV charging stations ready for rollout
- MG Motor India Installs First Fast Charging Station For EVs In Gurugram
- MG Motor Set Up First 50Kw Fast-Charging Station In India Ahead Of eZS SUV Launch In January
- Tech Experts Warn Of Possible Dangerous Malware Connected To Public Charging Stations
- MG Motor partners with Fortum to install public DC fast charging station in NCR
- Surviving crew member thought phone charging station might have sparked boat fire
- Electric Vehicles Becoming a Major Challenge for Supermarkets and Gas Stations