|During the talks|
Ship CSB 8004 and CBS 8003 of Vietnam together with two ships numbered 3305 and 45111 of the Chinese Coast Guard reached stop No.1 of the 2nd Vietnam-China joint fishery patrol in the shared fishing ground in the Gulf of Tonkin earlier the same day.
The Vietnamese delegation was headed by Senior Colonel Nguyen Van Tho, Deputy-Commander and Chief-of-Staff of the Coast Guard Region 1 Command, while the Chinese delegation was led by Liu Tianrong, Deputy Chief of the Nanhai Division of the Chinese Coast Guard.
During the meeting, the two officials informed each other of the law enforcement of the two countries’ fishermen in the joint fishing ground.
They agreed on the details of activities to be conducted during their joint patrol.
|The joint forces release 50,000 fries in the joint fishing ground in the Gulf of Tonkin|
At the end of the talks, Vietnamese and Chinese coast guard forces conducted a saluting ritual at sea, during which leaders of the two forces sent best regards to each other via calls and promised to be responsible in seriously implementing the fishery cooperation agreement signed by the two governments. This will contribute to enforcing international law, especially regulations in the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982) and the agreement on delimitation of territorial waters, exclusive economic zones and continental shelves of the two countries in the Gulf of Tonkin signed by Vietnam and China on December 25, 2000 and to maintaining order and security in the Gulf of Tonkin as well as creating an open and friendly atmosphere for the close relationship between the two countries’ coast guard forces and people.
Having concluded the saluting ritual, the joint forces in a formation started checking fishing boats operating in the shared fishing ground.
Before the talks, the two sides released 50,000 fries in the joint fishing ground in the Gulf of Tonkin. The activity demonstrated the high sense of responsibility of the two countries’ law enforcement force in preserving sea resources.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Coast Guard begins pollution response exercise
- COVID-19 scare: Chinese varsities to hold online classes
- NA Chairwoman holds talks with President of the Senate of the Netherlands
- PM Modi holds talks with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani
- Hero school crossing guard, 88, known as 'Mr Bob' is killed saving two young boys from the path of a 'distracted driver'
- The sad reality of coronavirus in Australia: Asian man living on the Gold Coast is forced to wear a t-shirt with the slogan 'I am not a virus'
- Wanted Vietnamese man who fled to China turns self in over COVID-19 fear
- Vietnamese woman infected with coronavirus in China recovering: foreign ministry
- Mysterious Ocean Craters Off the Coast of Iceland Defy Scientific Explanation
- EVFTA and EVIPA hold strategic and economic significance to Việt Nam-EU relation