On behalf of the ASEAN nations, Quy welcomed the progress in reforming the UN development system and spoke highly of the ASEAN-UN development partnership with positive outcomes, especially in fields under the ASEAN-UN Action Plan for the 2016-2020 period, and contributing to implementing the ASEAN Vision 2025 and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The cooperation mechanism between the ASEAN Secretariat and the UN Secretariat has been increasingly promoted, he said.
Quy shared the concern of several countries over the decline in resources and urged the UN and member states to continue supporting South-South and trilateral cooperation.
Participants shared the view that future reform efforts, including the reform of the UN Resident Coordinator system, development support framework, and national-level UN agencies, need to be made via close consultation with member states.–VNA
- Christian Ponder continuing his development for Vikings
- Coyle urges Sturridge to focus
- Ibrahimovic promises to continue Sweden career
- Guion’s development slowed by knee injury
- D-backs option Corbin to develop as starter
- Kia Motors Expands NBA Marketing Partnership With New Multiyear Agreement;– Kia Motors Continues
- Moyes hopes to continue tradition
- Vietnam aspires to deepen ties with Australia
- Webb urges FIFA to give CONCACAF more influence
- Master plan to develop Tan Trao national tourism site unveiled