Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Vietnam’s national football team lost to the K-League 2’s Seoul E-Land 0-2 during their third friendly match in the Republic of Korea (RoK) on October 29.
The match was part of Vietnam’s preparations for the upcoming ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Suzuki Cup 2018.
In its previous games, Vietnam came from behind to defeat the RoK’s Seoul FC 2-1 but lost to Incheon United 1-2.
Vietnam’s head coach Park Hang-seo fielded his strongest starting 11 in the first half, including goalkeeper Dang Van Lam, defender Doan Van Hau, midfielder Nguyen Quang Hai, and strikers Nguyen Cong Phuong and Nguyen Van Quyet.
The Vietnamese side had several chances to score the opener but failed to capitalise and fell behind in the 42nd minute through An Dong-hyeok following a defensive error.
After the break, Korean coach Park changed his tactics and players, but Seoul quickly doubled its lead at the 49th minute.
Goalie Lam was replaced by Pham Van Cuong and striker Duc made way for Ha Duc Chinh, but struggled to create chances going forward.
Following the intensive training session in the RoK, Park will announce his 23 players for the AFF event where Vietnam is in Group A with Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos.
The tournament will run from November 8 to December 15 with 26 matches between 10 teams.
This year, the AFF Suzuki Cup will feature a new playing format, with both home and away ties.
Vietnam will meet Laos in Vientiane on November 8, Malaysia at Hanoi’s My Dinh Stadium on November 16, Myanmar in Yangon on November 20 and will take on Cambodia at Hanoi’s Hang Day Stadium on November 24.
Also on October 29, the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) officially issued tickets for the matches with Malaysia and Cambodia with prices ranging from 150,000 VND (6.5 USD) – 400,000 VND (17 USD).
Fans can buy tickets at My Dinh National Stadium or at ticketonline.vff.org.vn.-VNS/VNA
- Football star Ahn Jung-hwan set for friendly match in Vietnam
- Korea Loses to Brazil in Friendly Match in Abu Dhabi
- Small plane loses front landing gear upon arrival
- Vietnam women ready to defend SEA Games title
- Vietnam’s female national football team ready to defend SEA Games title
- Vietnam's coach Park reunites with ex-boss Hiddink for China friendly
- Seoul faces major decision over military pact with Tokyo
- Vietnam Television acquires Vietnam-Indonesia match broadcasting right
- New chapter open for Vietnam-France relationship
- Hoang Nam wins first match at Vietnam Open Danang City 2019