Accordingly, between January and October, Vietnam earned US$ 7.612 billion from forestry product exports, up by 16.12 percent against the same period last year, accounting for 23.37 percent of the total export turnover of the agricultural sector.
The export turnover of wood and timber products reached US$ 7.23 billion in the period.
The U.S., Japan, China, the Republic of Korea and the EU are major importers of Vietnamese wood and timber products, accounting for 87 percent of the export turnover.
Vietnam targets to earn US$ 9 billion from exporting forestry products this year.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed US$6 bln in first two months
- Sanctions choke Iran's crude sales, but oil product exports booming
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports to China through informal channels suspended
- High supply gives Vietnam's poultry firms chance to reach export markets
- Indonesian non-oil products export to Nigeria hits N152bn
- Woodworking industry confident of meeting year’s export target
- Forest products surpasses seafood in export value
- Sustainable forestry to boost growth among ethnic groups
- Vietnam prepares for ASEAN Chairmanship
- Vietnam exports timber products to 120 countries, territories