Oct 17, 6:14 PM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By David Shepardson 10/17/18 AT 4:41 PM WASHINGTON - Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday prodded President Donald Trump’s administration to quickly resolve festering trade disputes particularly with China, saying tariffs imposed by other countries in response to Trump’s trade policies are starting to pinch the “red hot” U.S. economy.While concurring with Trump’s view that U.S. policy on global trade must be stronger, McConnell also voiced concern in an interview with Reuters about the impact of growing trade tensions, including on his home state of Kentucky.Trump has taken a hard line on trade since becoming president last year, complaining that the United States is treated unfairly, abandoning some international trade deals while threatening to withdraw from others and from the World Trade Organization. He has repeatedly slapped tariffs on close allies and major trade partners, which have retaliated with duties of their own.“The tariffs are beginning to have some impact in a negative way so I hope that we make some progress quickly on some of these other fronts, in particular with China,” McConnell told the roundtable discussion with Reuters journalists, though he said of the overall U.S. economy:… Read full this story
- Alarm bells over shift to trade war
- China deploys soya beans in trade war, but may end up hurting its own economy
- News China says tariff threat against US ‘justified’
- Donald Trump says tariffs are working, US and China are talking
- Trade war: US is putting a knife to China's neck, says top official
- Xi vs Trump: Who has the better hand in potential trade war?
- What's in the trade deal that Trump says he has reached with Mexico
- One of Trump’s closest allies says Congress will defy the president if he makes a move that could start a trade war
- Canadian trade panel recommends reducing safeguard tariffs on steel
- Trump may have ‘a method to his madness’ by teasing a trade war — but it could still end in chaos
Trade War: Mitch McConnell Says Tariffs Hurt, Urges Trade Progress have 333 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.