Deputy Director of the Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism in Quang Nam Province Le Ngoc Tuong said that by end of 2017, there was around 13,000 employments in the province’s tourism sector aged from 26 to 45 making up 65 percent. Of them, 10,000 people work for hotels & apartments while 1,000 others work in travel agencies and transportation and 2,000 people work in amusement parks, restaurants and other services. As per prediction, the tourism sector must recruit around 20,000 direct human resources and 40,000 indirect staffs to meet the province’s growth in demand for personnel by 2020. Accordingly, in the period 2018-2020, it is expected nearly 11,300 people will be recruited to work as receptionists, cook and safeguards in restaurants. Likewise, travel agent needs 880 people accounting for 7 percent of the whole employment. Worse, the tourism industry in the central province of Quang Nam is short of qualified and skilled staffs and presenters at historic sites who have little knowledge of history and foreign languages especially Japanese, Korean, Thai and Chinese. Therefore, there is a fierce competition between hotels and accommodations. By June, 2018, the industry employed 32,000 staffs, said Deputy Director of Da Nang Department of… Read full this story
- West End retailers 'hit by staff shortages' as property boss urges action on visa rules
- Staff shortages 'putting lives at risk' with longer cancer waiting times in Northern Ireland
- Stormont Finance Department 'not ready for Brexit' amid staff shortage
- Calls to protect €5bn tourism industry ahead of Brexit
- Record year for Romanian tourism industry: Bucharest remains the Capital of HORECA
- Tourism industry officially Spain’s biggest employer, outpacing construction
- Could Spain’s thriving tourism industry be coming to a standstill?
- Psychiatric patients locked out of bedrooms until 10pm at night due to staff shortages
- Romanian paradox: staff shortages despite high number of unemployed
- Special sessions for people involved in the tourism industry
Staff shortage in central provinces' tourism industry have 294 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.