THE SENATE is poised to put BRETT KAVANAUGH on the Supreme Court. The final vote is scheduled to happen this afternoon around 5 p.m. Senate Democrats have taken to the Senate floor this morning giving impassioned speeches against Kavanaugh’s appointment to the court.SEN. SUSAN COLLINS’ (R-MAINE) defense of KAVANAUGH was, perhaps, better than anything money can buy for Republicans. A woman defending the Supreme Court nominee, standing in front of three women aired live on cable television for almost an hour.FROM INSIDE THE CHAMBER … COLLINS walked onto the floor at around 2:55 p.m., and sat down at her desk, which is in the middle of the chamber on the aisle. Behind her were Sens. SHELLEY MOORE CAPITO (R-W.Va.), JONI ERNST (R-Iowa) and CINDY HYDE-SMITH (R-Miss.) — all sitting in other senators’ seats, presumably as a sign of support for Collins. Collins shuffled through paper, made notes and drank from water before she started. — SENATE MAJORITY LEADER MITCH MCCONNELL walked in at 3:04 p.m. and immediately turned his chair around so it was facing Collins — not the front of the chamber, where he is usually oriented toward. SENATE MAJORITY WHIP JOHN CORNYN did the same. It was like… Read full this story
- The FBI Finished Its Kavanaugh Investigation and Republicans Are Ready to Ram Through His Confirmation
- McCain's Replacement Is a Familiar Old Senate Ghoul Already Working to Confirm Kavanaugh
- Brett Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward to the
- Another Woman Has Accused Brett Kavanaugh Of Sexual Misconduct
- American Bar Association Requests Senate Suspend Kavanaugh Vote Until an FBI Investigation Is Completed
- Brett Kavanaugh, 1983: 'We’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us'
- White Lawyer Guys Are Finally Fleeing Kavanaugh for the High Crime of Getting Angry
- I Know Brett Kavanaugh, But I Wouldn't Confirm Him
- Democratic New York State Senate Candidate Accused of Hitting Ex-Wife
- Senate Democrats Suggest There's Something Fishy in Kavanaugh's Past Background Checks
Senate set to vote on Kavanaugh have 309 words, post on www.politico.com at October 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.