There is no shortage of eateries in Fort Collins, including a decent amount of plant-based fare scattered among them. But eating animal-free cuisine doesn’t mean you have to break the bank or sacrifice flavor. Olivia Good, a freshman biomedical sciences student at Colorado State University, has dipped her fork into some of the local vegan options, many only a short walk or bike ride away from Colorado State University. “People often think that vegan food is so expensive and that it’s a restrictive diet,” Good said. Whether you’re looking for mindful eats or wanting to try something new, here are five restaurants less than a mile from CSU that showcase the versatility of plants: Rainbow Restaurant This breakfast-lunch spot is located directly across from The Oval and offers a cozy interior dining experience or a peaceful garden patio setting. Rainbow has been a family-run establishment for over four decades and has balanced options for omnivores and herbivores alike. “What eating is about is being mindful of what you’re putting into your body, and that’s what Rainbow is all about,” said Dan Jones, co-owner of Rainbow, who recommends the dish ‘Steve’s Choice,’ a savory sweet-potato and grilled tofu concoction on the… Read full this story
- Plant-powered glamour! A nurse, a fashion designer and a breast cancer survivor make the shortlist to be crowned the UK and Ireland's Hottest Vegan Over 50
- Nikola Tesla's vision of wireless power transmission is alive with Kiwi-startup Emrod
- Slutty Vegan, a Black-owned Atlanta burger joint, is serving up jobs and life skills to juvenile offenders
- 'Get stuck in': Priti Patel orders police to protect print plants after Extinction Rebellion extremists sabotaged newspaper distribution
- Delhi: No extra cost for buying power from Waste to Energy plants
- California avoids major power outages as wildfires rage
- Powerful typhoon slams Japan with violent winds, heavy rain
- Seven MILLION people are told to evacuate as powerful typhoon approaches southern Japan with warnings of record-breaking rain and wind 'strong enough to flip cars'
- Zomato to convert 40 pc of delivery fleet into power-assisted bikes in 2 years
- KFC is bringing back its popular vegan burger to UK stores next week
Powered by plants: 5 vegan restaurants less than a mile from CSU have 353 words, post on collegian.com at October 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.