Photo for illustration
Of this, arrivals traveling by air increased 16.7% while those arriving by road and sea rose 62.5% and decreased by 2.3%, respectively. Key markets saw sharp growth, especially the Republic of Korea (48.3%), Finland (33.3%), China (28.8%), and Denmark (16.4%).
Over the past 10 months, the country served about 67.9 million domestic tourists with 33.1 million tourists staying overnight. Total tourism turnover reached an estimated VND505 trillion, up 20.99%.
With this impressive growth, Vietnam will be likely to greet 15-16 million foreign tourists for 2018.
China always tops the 10 markets, accounting for 38% of the total. Of this, tourists from Nanning make up the majority traveling to Vietnam by road.
It is a key market in the national tourism development strategy by 2020, with a vision to 2030. Over the past years, the country created favorable conditions for Vietnamese and Chinese businesses to carry out travel activities./.BTA
- Vietnam welcomes 12.8 million foreign tourists in 10 months
- Over 6.8 million foreigners visit Vietnam so far this year
- Bản in : Vietnam welcomes over 6.33 million foreign tourists in 10 months
- Thua Thien-Hue welcomes 3.7 million visitors in 10 months
- Vietnam welcomes over 3 million foreign arrivals in four months
- Bản in : More foreign tourists visit Vietnam in August
- Vietnam exempts five more European nations from visa
- Vietnam welcomes 1.51 million foreign tourists during first three months
- 1.7 million foreign travellers visit Vietnam in first 4 months