Hanoi (VNA) – The Hanoi Food Culture Festival, the first of its kind, had served close to 70,000 visitors during its 4-day course at Thong Nhat Park from October 11 to 14.
The festival reproduced the cultural spaces of craft villages associated with typical Hanoi dishes such as pho Hanoi (Hanoi noodle soup), banh cuon Thanh Tri (Thanh Tri steamed rice pancakes), com Me Tri and Phu Do (Me Tri and Phu Do young sticky rice), and gio cha Uoc Le (Uoc Le steamed pork paste).
According to To Van Dong, Director of the municipal Department of Culture and Sports, 81 local dishes were made available at the event, which was expected to contribute to promote Hanoi’s intangible cultural heritage and preserve cultural values.
During the event, visitors could watch how the dishes were made and what types of traditional cooking tools were used during these processes.
They were also treated to traditional games and cultural performances.-VNA
- The fifth annual Food Film Festival runs Oct. 17-21, showcasing food-focused movies
- Music City Food + Wine Festival reveals chef panelists
- Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival
- Organizers say Montclair's Food & Wine Festival's Bourbon & Biergarten will be better than ever
- Epcot Food & Wine Festival expands to 62 days
- Hindu temple celebrates Holi with multi-cultural festival
- Great GoogaMooga food & music festival returns to Brooklyn, aiming to improve on chaotic debut
- Update: Coloradoan's food truck festival canceled
- Food truck festival, secret supper feature 'presidential' chef
- Hermitage Museum in Ho-Ho-Kus holds second food truck festival