The programme aims to improve local businesses’ awareness and ability in building, developing and protecting brands to help them have strong trademarks. This will contribute to improving Vietnamese products’ reputations.
The selection of enterprises achieving the national brand is conducted every two years in order to encourage them to continue to share and pursue the values of the Vietnam National Brand Programme including quality, innovation, creativity and pioneering capacity, according to a representative from the Trade Promotion Department under the ministry.
On the basis of promoting these values, firms compete in their industries and fields of production and business based on constant innovation and improved product quality.
|The awards ceremony of national brands in 2016|
According to the department, the selection of the national brand names was just the beginning for businesses to become part of the programme.
The Government will develop programmes to support businesses to build capacity, develop and manage their brand to enhance competitiveness in the market.
Brand Finance, the world’s leading independent branded business valuation and strategy consultancy, has recently valued Vietnam’s national brand at 235 billion USD, a year-on-year increase of 16 percent.
The Vietnam’s national brand value has moved up two places from the 2017 ranking, to rank 43rd this year thank to implementation of its national programme “Vietnam Value”.
This makes the country among the top 50 most valuable national brands in the world.
The National Branding Programme, approved in 2003, has been the only programme of the Vietnamese Government to advertise the country’s image and trademark through products and services.
The Prime Minister also assigned the ministry to cooperate with relevant ministries and agencies to implement the programme.
- Foreign brands eager to enter Vietnam’s booming fashion market
- CHRISTOPHER STEVENS on the grim past of Jo Brand, the comic who'd rather be a national disgrace than a treasure
- Nothing much EC can do on one nation one poll: Arora
- Disney+ Announces Missing Marvel & Star Wars Movie Release Dates
- How to get £15 off your train home for Christmas – and more ways to save this December
- Urban One, Inc. Announces A Star-Studded Lineup of Honorees, Presenters and Performers for Urban One Honors: Jamie Foxx, Missy Elliott, Billy Porter, Ne-Yo and Many More
- Meghan Markle Vogue cover - 15 inspirational women the Duchess admires most
- James Bond 25: Rami Malek CONFIRMED as new villain as the full cast for Daniel Craig's final outing as 007 is unveiled at Ian Fleming's GoldenEye estate in Jamaica
- 'This is a witch hunt… I'm not going anywhere': Defiant Barnaby Joyce digs in as pressure mounts for him to quit as Deputy PM over his affair with his pregnant former staffer
- Disney Plus: Prices, launch dates, movies and shows to expect