In Vietnam, the Resolution 29-NQ/TW on fundamental and comprehensive innovation in education and training during the international integration period had created the platform for international collaboration and development in education.
With developing countries like Vietnam, Internationalising higher education (IHE) acts as a driver to enhance the quality of human capital and as a result, to enhance competitive advantage for the economy, to learn from the experiences of others to speed up education reform, and as an opportunity to establish excellent universities.
For higher education institutions, IHE helps enhance capacity in teaching and research, renovate curriculum, and promote student employability and student exchange. IHE brings benefits not only to the developing countries but also developed countries.
Opening of the forum, Associate Professor Nguyen Van Phuc, Vice Minister of Education and Training of Vietnam, stated: The global landscape of internationalizing of higher education – in favor of quality over quantity is organized on the occasion of UK Vietnam 45 years of diplomatic relations, brings a very important message about the future of education collaboration of the two countries.
The forum will connect higher education leaders of the UK, the region and Vietnam; debate national, regional and international issues and challenges in internationalization of higher education (IHE); and share new trends in IHE with quality assurance being the driving force to move higher education to a new stage.
The forum was attended by Associate Professor Nguyen Van Phuc, Vice Minister of Education and Training of Vietnam and Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet Secretary for Education, Welsh Government, together with about 150 delegates who are higher education leaders and national experts from the Vietnam MOET, more than 60 UK and Vietnamese universities and organizations, and news agencies.
In 2015, the British Council in Vietnam worked closely with Vietnam MOET, and Vietnam Embassy in the UK, to successfully organize the first Vietnam – UK higher education collaboration forum ‘Connecting opportunities for Sustainable education partnerships’ in London.
In 2018, the second Vietnam – UK Higher Education forum is organized in Hanoi on the occasion of 45 years of diplomatic relations between the UK and Vietnam, and on the occasion of the British Council’s 25 years in Vietnam. The theme is ‘The Global landscape in internationalizing higher education –in favor of quality to quantity.’
As a country with one of the most developed education system in the world, the UK also has one of the most ‘internationalized’ education systems. With a mission to promote knowledge and friendly understanding between the people of the UK and other countries around the world, the British Council is a pioneer in promoting IHE.
By UYEN PHUONG
- Mesa may ask voters to raise sales tax for public safety and higher education
- What is the state of higher education in Mesa, Gilbert?
- College grads must pay back their loans: Higher education expert says student debt boycott makes no sense
- Michael Crow: Ducey puts "low priority" on higher education
- Letter: We value sports over K-12, higher education
- Martinez vetoes tax hikes, funding for higher education
- Obama drops the ball on higher education: Student loan plan only increases reliance on easy credit
- Obama drops the ball on higher education: His student loan plan only increases reliance on easy credit
- The cost of college: Higher education may no longer be a prerequisite to successful careers
- Shocking image of boy eating dog feces appears in British council's campaign