(CNN)The killing of Jamal Khashoggi was “a violently planned” murder that was subsequently covered up, the spokesman for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s ruling AK Party said Monday. Omer Celik, spokesman for the AK party, told reporters at the party’s headquarters in Ankara that the perpetrators should be brought to justice, according to Turkey’s state news agency Anadolu. Celik spoke a few hours after CNN published surveillance footage that showed what a Turkish source described as a “body double” leaving the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on the day Khashoggi died. The Saudi operative, said by the Turkish source to be one of a 15-man team sent from Saudi Arabia to kill Khashoggi, was wearing the journalist’s clothes and was picked up on surveillance footage at locations around Istanbul. “Jamal Khashoggi’s killing is a violently planned and a very complicated murder, which was being covered up,” Celik said. “I hope those responsible for Khashoggi’s killing are punished and no one ever thinks of repeating this.” Erdogan will make an announcement on the murder case of Jamal Khashoggi on Tuesday and “nothing about this event will remain hidden,” his spokesman, Ibrahim Kalin, told reporters Monday. Read More “The line our President put… Read full this story
- Khashoggi murder was planned and carried out by Saudi state officials, says UN-led inquiry
- U.S., Turkish officials say Trump's decision on Syria troops was made without consulting national security team, U.S. allies
- Turkey precluded cover-up of Khashoggi murder: Justice minister
- Activists, journalists, lawmakers demand justice 100 days after Khashoggi murder
- ‘I know how to cut well,’ Erdoğan quotes Saudi forensic expert as saying on Khashoggi murder
- ‘Kebab well’ at Saudi consul’s house in focus over Khashoggi murder: Istanbul police report
- UN says Khashoggi murder was 'brutal and planned by Saudi officials'
- UN to hear recording of Khashoggi murder
- Khashoggi murder police release new CCTV images of 15-strong Saudi hit squad
- Turkey insists on UN probe into Khashoggi murder
Khashoggi's murder was 'violently planned,' top Turkish official says have 325 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.