Thanks to joint efforts by the Anti-Smuggling Department under the General Department of Vietnam Customs, the Border Guard High Command’s Drug and Crime Prevention Department, and steering boards 389 of the three provinces from August 21 to October 21, 2018, a number of smuggling cases were brought to trials.
A total of 555 smuggling cases were detected in the localities over the past two months, including 57 in Ha Tinh, 268 in Quang Binh and 230 in Quang Tri. Criminal proceedings have been launched against 21 cases.
Delegates made proposals to raise the efficiency of the fight against cross-border smuggling, which, they said, needs more funding and modern machines to serve control at border areas and border gates.
They also suggested improving the role of local authorities in encouraging locals to combat smuggling and promote the efficiency of hotlines.-VNA
- Quang Ninh, Guangxi combat cross-border smuggling
- Viet Nam, China issue joint statement
- Vietnam, China issue joint statement - Viet Nam - News
- Full Joint Statement between Vietnam-India
- Vietnamese, Cambodian localities join hands in building peaceful border
- Panama Police Clash with Colombia’s FARC in Cross Border Drug Corridor
- DHS Announces ‘Strengthened Northern Border Strategy’ Amid Growing Tensions Between U.S. and Canada
- Border Report: How Money Laundering Works Along the Border
- VN, India issue Joint Statement