The event aims to honor local and international individuals and organizations who have supported needy people, joined charitable activities and contributed to the “Fund for the poor”.
According to the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee, the “Joining hands for the Poor” raised nearly VND280 billion (US$12.04 million) for the poor in 2017.
The program has collected more than VND50,000 billion (US$2.08 billion), including VND14,000 for the “Fund for the poor” and VND36,000 for social security and charitable activities throughout the country, over the past 18 years.
Additionally, the VFF Central Committee has cooperated with the Ministry of Information and Communications, the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs to launch a texting campaign in October to support disadvantaged people.
People can support the campaign by sending messages “VNN” to the switchboard 1409 from October 1 until December 31. Each costs VND20,000.
By PHAN THAO – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Why Kumaraswamy joined hands with Congress and not BJP
- NITI Aayog, Google join hands to foster AI ecosystem in India
- Zardari, Khan joined hands for power: CM
- KBank, SRT join hands to promote Chatuchak Weekend Market, with eye on Chinese visitors
- Black people across the nation are joining The Poor People’s Campaign
- Here’s Why Black People Across The Nation Are Joining The Poor People’s Campaign
- Setting an example: Temple, mosque, gurdwara join hands in this small UP town
- ‘Please Join Hands With Us’ — Tinubu Woos Falana, Kunle Ajibade to APC
- Khattar writes to Pb CM, wants him to join hands on water issue
- Myanmar businesses join hands for FDI