The estate of an Intel contractor sued the company Wednesday, alleging its negligence resulted in him being crushed to death inside a manufacturing tool last year. The suit, filed in Multnomah County Circuit Court by the contractor’s mother and daughter, seeks $995,000, plus unspecified medical and burial services from Intel and an Intel employee. Jay Elwell, 49, died on July 12, 2017. He worked for an Intel contractor, Raymond Handling Concepts Corp., and was performing scheduled maintenance on a manufacturing tool at the company’s Ronler Acres campus. Semiconductor manufacturing is Oregon’s largest industry. Intel employs 20,000 in Oregon, more than any other business and more than anywhere else the company operates. Often depicted as clean and antiseptic, chip production is actually an industrial process that involves huge manufacturing tools and hazardous chemicals. Regional chip manufacturers have reported several accidents over the decades – some of them severe, resulting in hospitalization and ground contamination. Still, public officials have said they have no record of any deaths before Elwell’s. A Hillsboro police report on the incident said Elwell and a colleague ran into a problem with the machine, so Elwell went inside the large tool to fix it. His colleague, outside the… Read full this story
- French aquarium sued over hammerhead shark deaths
- Machine was ‘accident waiting to happen’ as inquest into Houghton Regis factory worker’s death concludes
- Who dies in the Coronation Street factory roof collapse, who gets out alive and who was responsible?
- Factory worker's crush death 'accidental'
- Coronation Street fans think bosses accidentally revealed who is killed off in factory explosion
- Coronation Street confirms 13 potential factory collapse victims as they are left fighting for their lives
- Inquest into the deaths of two workers at Banham Poultry adjourned again
- Slaves to convenience: Are 'gig economy' firms just about old-fashioned exploitation of workers?
- Death toll in China chemical plant explosion increases
- Cholera outbreak fuels death toll in cyclone-hit Mozambique city
Intel sued for $1 million in worker's factory death have 311 words, post on www.oregonlive.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.