The Boeing-737 MAX 8, which went into service just a few months ago, crashed into the Java Sea off Indonesia’s northern coast moments after it had asked to return to Jakarta on Monday (Oct 29). (Photo: AFP/Hadi Sutrisno) Retrieving the black box will be key to unlocking why the Boeing 737-MAX, one of the world’s newest and most advanced commercial passenger jets, nosedived into the Java sea so soon after leaving Jakarta. Authorities picked up the box’s signals some 30-40 meters (100-130 feet) below the surface of the water off Indonesia’s north coast, where the plane crashed Monday. “We have not found the black box’s location, but it’s in the area, within a three-kilometre radius,” Soerjanto Tjahjono, head of Indonesia’s National Transportation Safety Committee, told Kompas TV. “Usually the black box location is near the main wreckage.” The box contains flight data that shows the speed, altitude and direction of the plane, while the cockpit voice recorder keeps track of conversations and other sounds in the cockpit. Dozens of divers were taking part in the 1,000-strong personnel recovery effort along with helicopters and ships, but authorities have all but ruled out finding any survivors. The development comes as Boeing officials… Read full this story
- Discovering Black Box Testing Advantages
- Forex Black Boxes - Easy Money, or Another Scam?
- Scientists Unlocking 'Black Box Immune System'
- System Testing Approach - Black Box Testing
- Charter a Private Jet
- Why Cleaning Your Air Conditioning Unit By Yourself Can Make You Sick?
- The Jet Stream and Us
- Information Regarding the African Lion
- How to Sell Jet Charter Into Corporate Travel
- Chicago Jet Charters - The Best Option in the Air
Indonesia closes in on location of doomed Lion Air jet's black box have 274 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.