By Matt McFarland, CNN Business Updated 2139 GMT (0539 HKT) October 3, 2018 Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what’s happening in the world as it unfolds. Seattle (CNN Business)If you want to glimpse the future of retail, check out an Amazon Go store. They’re sleek and modern, with a minimalist vibe. Black merchandise racks. Wood veneer. Polished concrete. Pop music plays softly in the background; cameras nestled in the ceiling monitor your every move as you wander the aisles. “Big deal,” you may be thinking. “Sounds like Whole Foods.” True. But you won’t see a single cashier, cash register, or self-service checkout stand. Such things have no place in the future. You simply walk in, grab what you need, and go. Amazon bills your credit card as you pass through the turnstile on your way out. Moments later, an app in your phone provides a receipt detailing what you’ve bought, what you paid, and even how long you spent inside. Amazon runs three Go stores in its hometown of Seattle and another in Chicago. It plans to open others in New York and San Francisco soon and, according to a recent Bloomberg report that Amazon declined to… Read full this story
- Barneys Bidding Starts, and It’s a Bet on the Future of Shopping
- Retailers - Are You Suffering From Procrastination Stagnation?
- Retail Sales - Acknowledge Potential Customers in Retail Selling
- 12 Points of Comparison - eBay and Amazon
- Will Amazon, Walmart help save Indian banks
- Amazon Kindle - Is it Really the New iPod?
- The Short Grim Life of Julia Parra Tapi & To Live, and Not Have Lived (Chapter Stories, the Amazon)
- Black Water & Breakfast and the Drizzle (Pre Chapers To "The Green Sea of the Amazon")
- I Bought This $30 Shoe Rack From Amazon on a Whim, and It's Perfect
- Amazon Pledges $1 Million More in Heated Seattle Elections
I spent 53 minutes in Amazon Go and saw the future of retail have 310 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.