Britain enjoyed its hottest October day in seven years today as temperatures hit 76F – but the heat won’t hang around for long, with a storm bringing a month’s worth of rain. A high of 76.3F (24.6C) in West London this afternoon made it Britain’s hottest October day since 2011, when Gravesend in Kent enjoyed a peak of 85.8F (30C) on October 1. The mercury could yet hit 77F (25C) later today. However, as dry, warm conditions continue in the South and East on Friday and Saturday, more than a month’s rain is expected in South West England, Wales and parts of northern England as Storm Callum sweeps in. Forecasters are warning of ‘heavy and persistent rain’ which will also hit Northern Ireland and western Scotland on Friday, and central Scotland on Saturday. The UK average for the whole of October is normally 3.6in (92mm). Callum is the third named storm of the season. Windsor is set to be cloudy for the royal wedding of Princess Eugenie to Jack Brooksbank on Friday, with just a 20 per cent chance of sunshine and a temperature of 63F (17C). Chris and Zoe from Sheffield cool off at Hathersage Swimming Pool in Derbyshire as temperatures… Read full this story
- Honda Calls Out Competitors For 'Stupid' Seven-Year Loans
- Desert Storm's Opening Shots Came From This Daring Helicopter Raid 25 Years Ago Today
- GM Is Sitting On Seven Months' Worth Of Volts
- Trump Rolled Back Flood Protection Regulations For Infrastructure Days Before Harvey Hit
- China Could Add 120 Million Cars In The Next Seven Years
- UK heatwave: A respite ahead as rain predicted in parts of UK
- A Michigan Town Is Forcing This Man To Sell 20 Old Cars Off His Property Every Month
- Here Are all the Goodies That Came in Our October Beauty Boxes
- This Year's Record Arctic Melt Is a Problem For Everybody
- Is the “Female Viagra” Worth It?
Hottest October day in SEVEN years hits today as temperatures reach 77F but a month's worth of rain is on the way to fall in just three days have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 10, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.