Ha Tinh (VNA) – The central province of Ha Tinh has built a resettlement area for 11 households of the Chut ethnic minority group in Rao Tre village, Huong Lien commune, Huong Khe district as part of efforts to support the group.
According to Major Nguyen Van Thien from Ban Giang Border Guard Post under the Ha Tinh Border Guard High Command, the Chut are nomadic people living in mountainous areas in Huong Khe district.
In 2001, Ha Tinh border guards discovered the community and persuaded them to settle in Rao Tre village of Huong Lien commune, Huong Khe district. A project to develop the Chut community has been built to improve their living conditions.
The resettlement area was constructed in May 2018 for 43 people from 11 young families in need of safe shelter. Along with the houses, worth 200 million VND (8,600 USD) each, the households have received more than 2 hectares of forest for production.
Ho Viet Me and his wife Ho Thi Nui are a couple benefiting from the project. Nui said that with the new house, equipped with necessary appliances, her family no longer worries about storms.
The project has also helped improve the infrastructure and living conditions of the Chut community. So far, all households in Trao Tre village have solid houses and land for production and access to clean water, power, healthcare and education services. All people in the community have also learnt to read and write.-VNA
- Six gratitude houses handed over to needy ethnic minority people in Ha Tinh
- Micro-finance as a tool to lift ethnic minorities out of poverty
- Ethnic minority Party member leads ways for poverty reduction
- Extracurricular class fuels ethnic minority students’ passion for Gong culture
- Highmark Recognized As Supportive Workplace For LGBTQ Community
- Valuation play has not worked, focus on growth in quality stocks
- France's Ethnic Chinese Community, Other Asians Complain of Coronavirus-Linked Discrimination
- Plateau Killing: Revenge, has no place in Multi-ethnic, religious society – Buhari
- Google is reportedly working on a new unified communications app for businesses
- Fraudster Belle Gibson says she has been 'adopted' by Melbourne's Ethiopian community