Sport by Press Association October 5, 2018, 10:05 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Sport newsletter West Ham suffered a fresh setback in what was supposed to be a season without struggle as they lost 1-0 at Brighton to fall to 15th. Four fixtures without defeat — and last week’s 3-1 victory over Manchester United — had encouraged an optimism that their £100million investment in new signings could yet inspire them into the top half of the Premier League. They instead again resembled an unsettled side struggling for an identity as Glenn Murray’s 99th goal for Brighton took the hosts above them and up to 12th place, and left them at risk of ending the weekend as low as 17th. The quality occasionally demonstrated by Felipe Anderson and Marko Arnautovic will regardless be cause for encouragement for West Ham’s manager, Manuel Pellegrini, but of greater concern will be the ease with which they were outplayed throughout the first half. Brighton had already threatened when, in the 25th minute, they deservedly took the lead. The visitors’ Andriy Yarmolenko was guilty of losing concentration and then possession to Beram Kayal near the half-way line, and from there the Brighton midfielder seamlessly created their… Read full this story
- West Ham sign Montenegro teenager Sead Haksabanovic
- West Ham's Reece Burke chooses game time over Derby money
- Malaga's Mario Husillos to be named West Ham's new director of football - sources
- Will Grady Diangana be the next superstar off West Ham's production line?
- Pogba, Martial out of West Ham; James a doubt
- West Ham sign teenager Maguire
- Trossard shines on debut as Brighton draw 1-1 with West Ham
- Scouting report: The West Ham view on Hull City's latest recruit Reece Burke
- Rashford injured as Man United lose at West Ham
- Man United poor again in West Ham defeat: Mata, Matic 4/10
Glenn Murray reminds West Ham of the work they still have to do have 295 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at October 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.