Under a new decree on compulsory social insurance for foreigners working in the country issued by the government on October 15, all foreign workers with labor contracts of at least a year will be subject to compulsory social insurance. The decree will come into effect on December 1. Under the decree, the basic social insurance package will cover sickness, delivery, occupational diseases and accidents, retirement, and death just like for Vietnamese workers. From 2022 foreign employees have to pay a monthly premium of 8 percent of their income to the retirement and death fund. Employers will contribute 17.5 percent of their employees’ monthly salary, 3 percent to the sickness and maternity fund, 14 percent to the retirement and death fund, and 0.5 percent to the occupational diseases and accidents fund from January 1, 2022. This will put Vietnam on par with Thailand and the Philippines, while Singapore only requires citizens and permanent residents to pay social security. The draft of the decree was met with opposition from foreign enterprises, who said it would increase their costs. It was not received well by expat workers either, who said it was “irrational” since some already pay social insurance in their home countries,… Read full this story
- Banks cannot go beyond a threshold to cut deposit rates as India lacks social security net: SBI chairman
- More Americans are making smarter Social Security choices
- 4 myths about Social Security
- Vietnam to develop multi-tiered social security system: Deputy PM
- Code on Social Security should be sent to Parliamentary panel, says Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh
- RSS-affiliate BMS presses for further scrutiny of Social Security Code Bill
- BMS asks government to send code on social security to parliamentary panel
- RUSSELL GLOOR: Ask Rusty — How can we change Social Security’s earnings limit?
- Are Post Offices, Social Security Open on Christmas Eve? Is December 24 a Federal Holiday?
- China sees over 1.3 billion social security cardholders
Foreign workers set to come under social security net in Vietnam have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.