PUBLISHED: 16:00 29 October 2018 Mike Brooke Courageous bone marrow cancer patient Albie Ollivierre completing gruelling four-mile walk in Victoria Park. Picture: Tony Snook A choreographer and professional dancer struck down by incurable bone marrow cancer has managed to walk four miles in a 5k race through Victoria Park raising desperately-needed funds for his therapy gymnasium. Albie… with plasma drips and contstantly wired up to stay alive. Picture: Tony SnookAlbie Ollivierre completed yesterday’s gruelling course in the annual fundraiser for Ability Bow rehabilitation gym after being in a wheelchair for 14 months, helping to raise £1,000.Albie, who trained as a dancer in the 1980s and worked and taught at venues like Sadler’s Wells and the Royal Opera House, was in hospital seven-and-a-half months with multiple myeloma cancer.But the determined 57-year-old from Old Ford Road in Bow, began developing his physical strength again, taking on long-term one-to-one exercise sessions at the gym and home physio, progressing to walking unaided after using sticks. Albie at one of his many hospital sessions treating his bone marrow cancer. Picture: Tony Snook“I doubt I’d even be here if it wasn’t for Ability Bow’s trainers,” Albie says. “Sometimes I need a stick to aid walking after… Read full this story
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2020
- Mr. Wilson’s second act: Virtuoso’s progression from SF Opera to middle-school classroom
- Get ready for blast off Britain: Boris's Brexit deal is set to help boost the economy by 6.1% next year and add to post-Covid boom - as PM promises tougher border controls and urges all MPs to back him in 30 December crunch vote
- The Untouchables: An Investigation Into the Violence of the Chicago Police
- Bay Area workers are going remote from Hawaii, and some aren’t coming back
Dancer struck with bone cancer does 4-mile walk raising funds for Ability Bow therapy gym have 293 words, post on www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk at October 29, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.