A Colorado State University professor of communication studies has been studying why a woman has never been elected president. In fact, she wrote the book on it. Karrin Vasby Anderson has published two books and a number of articles exploring the divide between female politicians and the oval office. Her most recent book, “Woman President; Confronting Postfeminist Political Culture,” which she co-authored with Kristina Horn Sheeler, responded to a notionthat the United States is waiting for the right woman to run. “We did a review of the literature and found that there were a lot of books out there saying that women candidates needed to behave themselves differently,” Vasby Anderson said. “The problem is that we have a culture which is inhospitable to women candidates. That the culture is what needs to change, not the candidates.” Vasby Anderson said the problem female candidates face is called the double bind. In other words, if a woman appears to be a credible political leader, they are viewed as unappealing and masculine. If a woman presents herself in a more traditionally feminine way she is dismissed as not credible or capable of the presidency. Vasby Anderson started studying women in political communication while… Read full this story
- Rivers Elections: Ogu/Bolo women revolt against Army pits Ann Kio against Semenitari
- Women need more realistic data on egg-freezing success, say experts
- Men 'face MORE discrimination than women': Global study claims males receive the raw end of the deal with harsher punishments for the same crime, compulsory military service and more deaths at work
- HPV test more effective than Pap smear in cancer screening, study suggests
- No amount of alcohol is good for your overall health, global study says
- The women of the miners' strike: 'We caused a lot of havoc'
- Struggling to remember something? Scientists claim forgetfulness might depend on the time of day
- Great sex linked to heart disease for older men but not women
- Women with ‘agonising’ endometriosis FAILED by doctors who don’t take the condition seriously
- Why Are Rich, White Girls Struggling in Math?
CSU professor studies why women struggle in election have 335 words, post on collegian.com at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.