VinaCapital officially ends investment in poultry firm Ba Huan Ba Huan JSC, the country’s leading pasteurized eggs and poultry meat producer, has decreased its charter capital from VND280 billion (US$12 million) to VND222 billion (US$9.53 million), effectively ending the involvement of VinaCapital, one of the two largest asset management firms in Vietnam, with the company. This results in an increase in the stake holding of domestic shareholders from 66.2% to 83.6%, of which Ba Huan’s Director Pham Thi Huan owns 64%. In Feburary, VinaCapital`s flagship fund Vietnam Opportunity Fund (VOF) invested US$32.5 million to acquire a significant minority stake in Ba Huan. However, in early July, Ba Huan sought Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s intervention in terminating its partnership with VinaCapital. The firm said there were differences between the English and Vietnamese versions of the agreement and the terms were not what the two parties had agreed initially. Among those terms, the poultry firm noted that VinaCapital included an internal rate of return (IRR) of 22% per year, three times higher than current interest rate at banks. In the event of the IRR not being met, Ba Huan will be fined or required to return the investment capital, along with… Read full this story
- GM Korea cancels news briefing as temporary workers storm venue
- West Virginia Legislative Brief -March 10, 2017: Commentary
- Nearly Naked Fashion Exec Claims Legitimate Business Purpose
- After Trump was elected, Obama questioned whether his presidency had come '10 or 20 years too early'
- Reporter at White House briefing tells Sarah Sanders she's welcome to dine at any Indian restaurant
- Trump tells Sarah Huckabee Sanders 'not to bother' with press briefings
- In brief: Former Assemblywoman Baker now arts group’s president
- Friday morning news briefing: 'Shut down the streets'
- Brexit weekly briefing: in or out of the customs union?
- 10 Tips to Avoid False Claims Act Accusations
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 10/10 have 298 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.