Good morning and welcome to the Business Breakfast live blog for Thursday, October 11. I’m Jonathon Manning and I’m running the blog today. The business team’s live blog brings you all the breaking news from across the North East, the UK and beyond – basically anything and everything from the world of business. The Government could soon force businesses to reveal their ethnicity pay gap in an attempt to help ethnic minority employees at work. Theresa May has announced the proposals after admitting that many minorities “feel like they are hitting a brick wall” at work. Large businesses are already required to show their gender pay gap, after new rules were introduced last year. The policies are designed to encourage equal opportunities and fair pay within companies. If you’d like to contribute, tweet at @jnlbusiness to share your opinions, drop me a line at [email protected] or tweet me at @JonnyAManning. Also, we’ve launched a ChronicleLive business group on Facebook so you can get the latest on city centre closures and openings, and other news from our business team. Key Events Sunderland Echo publisher Johnston Press puts itself up for sale 08:26 Businesses to be forced to reveal ethnicity pay gap… Read full this story
- Missouri Influencers say businesses, unions ‘need each other’ for economic growth
- Sports Direct minimum wage investigation to cover shop workers
- California state workers would get paid twice a month if this bill passes
- Thomas Cook customers to fly home after firm collapses
- Budget 2018 live: Philip Hammond to make final statement before Brexit
- Minority women are disappearing from BigLaw--and here's why
- Who's eating law firms' lunch?
- Law firms borrow a concept from the NFL to address lack of diversity in their leadership ranks
- US Labor Department considers development of data tool to combat pay discrimination
- Millennials Should Receive ‘Citizen’s Inheritance’ At Age 25 to Reduce Baby Boomer Wealth Gap, Report Says
Business Breakfast LIVE: Firms could be forced to reveal ethnicity pay gap to boost minority workers have 311 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.