Berlin (VNA) – The Berlin ASEAN Committee held the ASEAN Day in the German capital city on October 25, aiming to enhance mutual understanding and cooperation between ASEAN countries and Germany. The annual event saw the presence of Director General for Asia and the Pacific at the German Federal Foreign Office Ina Lepel, member of the German federal parliament and head of the Germany-ASEAN Parliamentary Friendship Group Renate Kuenast, and diplomats from ASEAN countries. In his speech, Vietnamese Ambassador Doan Xuan Hung, head of the Berlin ASEAN Committee, highlighted the bloc’s achievements over the last five decades, which have turned ASEAN into a united, strong and comprehensively cohesive community that has greatly helped to maintain regional peace, stability, cooperation and development. It has been playing an increasing role in the region and the world, the diplomat affirmed. ASEAN’s relations with the European Union (EU) and Germany have developed unceasingly, he noted, elaborating that the EU is the biggest investor and the second largest trade partner of ASEAN. Meanwhile, Germany ranks 10th among trade partners of ASEAN and has also substantially assisted the bloc to realise the sustainable development goals. On this occasion, Hung asked Germany to actively join hands with… Read full this story
- Southeast Asian countries need larger share to have greater say in IMF
- China promotes use of yuan among Southeast Asian nations
- Southeast Asian Labor In Arab Countries: Migrant Workers or Modern-day Slaves?
- Balancing Your Time vs. Energy: What’s Best for Southeast Asian Start-ups?
- Does Working from Home Really Help Southeast Asian Start-ups?
- Can Southeast Asian Cleantech Start-ups Save the World?
- Chinese premier's visit set to bolster China-Thailand, regional ties
- Beyond Borders: How to Expand Your Southeast Asian Start-up
- Which Asian countries can survive a US downturn?
- Lao people discuss closer integration ahead of ASEAN Day
ASEAN Day bolsters Southeast Asian countries’ ties with Germany have 296 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.