Want to become a better cyclist? Get smart about your time spent off the bike, says Brad Huff, a former professional American cyclist who rode on the pro circuit for 13 years. “Recovery is the number two thing besides going out for training,” says Huff, who, before he retired last month at age 39, was ranked the oldest pro continental rider in the world. “If you don’t recovery properly, you can’t come back strong the next day.” Here, Huff shares five essential tips that will help cyclists of any age and ability up their recovery game. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below “Recovery is the number two thing besides going out for training.” Refuel Right AwayDowning a protein and carb-based recovery drink as quickly as possible after a long and/or strenuous ride is key, Huff says. The protein helps repair your damaged muscle tissue, and the carbs restore your body’s supply of glycogen, which is your primary source of fuel during exercise. His go-tos: chocolate milk (8 grams of protein and 26 grams of carbs per serving) and CLIF Recovery Protein Drink (10 grams of protein and 31 grams of carbs per serving). “As soon as you put the bicycle in… Read full this story
- Make-up Essentials Guide For The Busy Working Moms
- Kit out the kids for the new school year with our top money-saving tips
- It’s time to clear the clutter and we share top tips for reorganising your home
- Milwaukee police release pictures of the cyclist wanted for killing a beloved black Donald Trump supporter during brazen daylight shooting as cops continue to investigate political motive
- 11 Tips On How To Build Your Child’s Self-Confidence
- 11 Healthy Eating Tips For A Healthier Lifestyle
- How much should you be tipping during coronavirus?
- National Nutrition Week 2020: 10 Nutrition And Health Tips For Working Women
- 'NBA 2k21' Shooting Guide: Tips to Get Greens & Fix the Broken Shot Meter
- Without public transit, there will be no economic recovery
5 Essential Recovery Tips for Cyclists have 317 words, post on www.bicycling.com at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.