The forum aims to promote the role of young intellectuals in national renewal, construction and protection, thus increasing Vietnam’s economic integration in the region and globe; and propose mechanisms to attract and advantageously employ talented people.
Under the theme “Tapping the power of young Vietnamese intellectuals in the 4.0 era”, the forum will focus on the three topics, including promoting STEM to build a high-quality workforce in the context of the 4th Industrial Revolution; adopting Industry 4.0 technology in environmental protection and climate change response; and promoting innovation in manufacturing and business.
Among the 200 participants, 130 delegates are domestic and 70 are foreign, while all are under 35 years old and have research, initiatives and experience suitable for the content of the forums, or hold work positions relating to the contents of the forum.
There are currently over 400,000 Vietnamese intellectuals abroad, including over 6,000 doctorate degree holders and hundreds of well-known ones. It is estimated that up to 150,000 are working in the US, with about 12,000 working in Silicon Valley, and 100 at the World Bank; 40,000 in France; 20,000 in Canada; 4,000 in Eastern Europe and Russia, and 7,000 in Australia. Together with domestic intellectuals, they have made remarkable contributions to national socio-economic development./.Compiled by BTA
- Business China’s tightened imports could hurt Vietnamese farm produce: forum Hanoi, Da Nang to tighten management of pets
- Da Nang to build horse racing centre
- Vietjet offers first direct service from Da Nang to Haneda in Tokyo
- Da Nang invites investment to public parking lots
- Da Nang plans to become ASEAN logistics centre
- Vietjet announces non-stop Da Nang-Taipei service
- Circus artists to dazzle HCM City and Da Nang
- Business Da Nang airport opens new international terminal Saigon water firm to cut off supply to 7 districts for pipe repair
- Free book-café funded by RoK opens in Da Nang
- Business Qatar Airways inaugurates nonstop Da Nang-Doha service Hanoi, Da Nang to tighten management of pets