The cup will be paraded in Cambodia first and then travel to Bangkok, Hà Nội, Jakarta, Manila and Yangon.
The tour aims to raise support from fans in Southeast Asia.
This year, the event will feature 10 teams. Vietnam are in Group A alongside Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Malaysia. They will face Laos in their first match on November 8. Then they will next play Malaysia on November 16, Myanmar on November 20 and Cambodia on November 24.
The winning team will walk away with US$200,000, while the runners-up will receive $75,000 and the third-place team will get $50,000. Vietnam are the favourites for the AFF Cup 2018 after their strong performances at the recent AFC U23 Championships and Asian Games.
- HCM City to host Vietnam–RoK Culture and Tourism Festival
- USWNT welcome pressure after surviving grueling distractions
- United States, Klinsmann wrestle with fallout after Gold Cup failure
- Real work starts now for USA as Gold Cup group stage concludes
- Japan emotional after World Cup loss
- Japan emotional after Women’s World Cup loss vs. USA
- World Cup moments distanced women from FIFA scandal
- US women begin home World Cup celebrations with LA fan rally
- Lauren Holiday retires from USWNT after Women’s World Cup heroics
- Germany, France to meet in women’s World Cup quarterfinals