On Thursday, India signed a far-reaching deal with the US that says a lot about the strategic trajectory of this bilateral relation-ship. On Saturday, US President Donald Trump publicly threatened to cut subsidies to India. It might be a bit to wrap our heads around. The Comcasa is a logical realisation of a strategy best articulated by a former US NSA, Condoleezza Rice, back in 2005. We will soon complete negotiations for the last such agreement, BECA, which will reinforce to everybody where the India-US strategic convergence is headed. But India will also sign the S-400 deal with Russia, let America do its worst. This is the new normal. Let’s unpack this. The US has evolved as India’s most consequential strategic partner, we’re seeing this play out big in the defence and security spheres. Look further. One of the more interesting agreements this past week has been with a hitherto unknown entity called the DIU (Defence Innovation Unit) in Silicon Valley. This is where the US is scanning new horizons of tech innovations for potential military applications. There was a time when defence innovated (like the internet) and the civilians caught up. Now it’s the other way around. For India… Read full this story
- Your Guide to Trump's Very White, Very Rich, Very Frightening Cabinet
- Obama cybersecurity czar: We gave Trump a head start
- Nazis and White Supremacists Love Donald Trump. You Know Who Else Nazis Loved?
- Trump touts new jobs as Intel resurrects Arizona chip factory
- Trump's H-1B crackdown could be the kick in the pants Indian IT sorely needs
- Q&A: Dr. Cynthia Wachtell on car accidents and U.S. presidents
- The Avengers assemble one week early, plus 32 other movies coming this April
- The Key Moments From White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's Meltdown Today
- Goodbye Shade Court, For Real This Time
- It Cost Millions To Introduce Alfa Romeo To Americans Last Night
Two plus two tango: Despite President Trump’s hollering, US-India ties have actually thrived on his watch have 312 words, post on blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com at September 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.