With this price, Mekong breeders have earned high profits at VND 11,000 per kg.
Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung in Can Tho City said he is raising 300 tons of tra fish but he does not plan to sell; he continues to wait for higher prices.
Reports from the Mekong Delta provinces showed that in 2018 some 4,000 hectares of tra fish have been raising. Of these, some 3,000 hectares of tra fish (equal to one million tons) have been harvested.
It is predicted that the price of tra fish will continue to increase in the end of the year.
CAO PHONG –Translated by Thi Quy
- Outpatient waiting list hits record high
- Research and development spending hits record high
- Homelessness at record high as those sleeping rough or in cars doubles – study
- Turkey hits record high gas consumption on Jan 8
- Northern Ireland alcohol-related deaths hit record high
- Stockpiling reaches record high as firms brace for Brexit chaos
- Record high for aircraft sales though fears over Brexit soar
- Northern Ireland employment rate hits record high
- Met Office claims global temperatures next year will reach near-record highs
- Int'l Oil Prices Hit 2019 High Amid Strong Chinese Demand