When I crossed the finish line at my first 5K last spring, I cried. Actually, that’s a lie: I unleashed the waterworks somewhere during the third mile, recognizing the sheer magnitude of the goal I was about to accomplish. A year or two ago, that goal would’ve seemed improbable.It wasn’t the first time that running moved me to tears, and it probably won’t be the last. That’s because I was never supposed to finish a 5K, or even run for a few unbroken minutes without my body breaking down. Heck, in my head, I was supposed to die young and spend the rest of my days indoors, not on a race course with other fit runners. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below But despite the despair I used to feel, I blindly believed in the idea of a future, even when my outlook seemed bleakest. And that’s how I found myself misty-eyed, with a hard-earned medal hanging from my neck, on a cold, damp April day.I’ve lived in Stillwater, Oklahoma for all 21 years of my life, but the truth is, I’ve done most of that living inside my house. When I was born, my umbilical cord was wrapped around my… Read full this story
- 'I thought he might inadvertently kill me': Woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her as a teen reveals herself to be a University professor, aged 51, as she goes public with her harrowing account
- American Justice: Abuse Domineque Ray as a Boy, Discriminate Against Him as a Man, and on Death Row, Kill Him
- Man, 22, who killed himself outside his childhood home called his partner to say goodbye moments before he died
- After vaping-related illness, teen now has lungs like 'a 70-year-old's'
- Man dies after friend blows air up his rectum in ‘prank’ gone wrong
- Man killed niece, 11, with table leg after crisis team said he was ‘not a risk’
- Cases of lung disease possibly linked to vaping continue to rise. This teen was given a 'second chance'
- Murder suspect 'made cut-throat gesture at his ex, 22, after seeing her with another man before stabbing her and her mother to death hours later' - as police announce £5,000 reward and tell him: 'We will find you'
- Grim twist in gecko man's death as it emerges that father who died after eating a lizard as a Christmas party dare may actually have been killed by ANOTHER animal
- How the court of Queen Phoebe is killing it in Hollywood: Fleabag creator and Oscar-winning boyfriend Martin McDonagh are the golden couple fighting off offers as they become the film industry's hottest new power couple
This Man Thought Childhood Lung Problems Would Kill Him—Until He Ran His First 5K have 437 words, post on www.runnersworld.com at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.