No tattoos, no gel in his hair and a closely-guarded private life; Luka Modric seems like a footballer from an earlier time. The 172-centimeter (5 ft. 8 in.) tall captain of the Croatian national team is shy, and press conferences or interviews aren’t his thing. He finds it difficult to speak about himself. But on the pitch, he is the boss. “The war, life in the refugee camp hardened me,” he once said of his early years growing up during the Croatian War of Independence. It certainly hardened him enough to withstand stiff competition to establish himself as a regular at Real Madrid. “El Pony,” as he is known to his teammates, wears the number 10 jersey at Real – a sign of appreciation for his achievements. Modric is both a battler and a technician with deadly passes over 30-40 yards with the outside of his boot his signature move. ‘The best Croatian player of all time’ The 33-year-old is a strong and tireless runner, who is never afraid to take men on with the ball and never shys away from a tackle despite his small frame. He takes responsibility on the pitch, takes great care of the ball and his vision is exceptional. Read more : The dark… Read full this story
- Lewandowski facing Messi, Ronaldo for FIFA best player award
- FIFA World Cup 2018: France brings it home after 20 years
- Real Madrid ease past Al Ain for fourth FIFA Club World Cup title
- Shortlist for 2020 FIFA FIFPRO Men's World XI announced
- Fifa 21: When do FUT champion rewards come out?
- Five best signings in the Premier League in 2020
- The 30 best true crime series to watch on Netflix right now
- The best PlayStation 4 deals you can get in December 2020
- 50 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons Guides: Where To Find The Best Iconic Guns And Swords In The Game
The two sides of 'FIFA Best' Luka Modric have 301 words, post on www.dw.com at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.