By Shinichi SaoshiroTOKYO (Reuters) – Asia stocks struggled on Tuesday as a fresh round of U.S.-China tariffs and a surge in oil prices to near four-year highs added to worries about risks to global growth.Spreadbetters expected European stocks to open on the defensive, with Britain’s FTSE <.FTSE> giving up 0.1 percent, Germany’s DAX <.GDAXI> starting unchanged and France’s CAC <.FCHI> losing 0.2 percent.MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan <.MIAPJ0000PUS> edged down 0.15 percent. But Japan’s Nikkei <.N225> bucked the trend and edged up nearly 0.2 percent. The Shanghai Composite Index <.SSEC> dropped 0.7 percent and Australian stocks <.AXJO> eased 0.1 percent. Hong Kong markets were closed for a holiday. China and the United States imposed new tariffs on each other’s goods on Monday and neither side looks to be in the mood to compromise, raising the risk of a protracted battle that could chill investment and disrupt global trade. The Dow <.DJI> fell about 0.7 percent and the S&P 500 <.SPX> slipped 0.35 percent overnight. The tense backdrop added to the general caution ahead of an expected interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve this week and uncertainty over the future of U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein…. Read full this story
- Investors flee US stocks, pile into bonds as COVID-19 surges; oil plunges
- China’s slowing economic growth and potential headwinds may suggest fiscal loosening is imminent
- Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy Stocks Lead To Mainland Gains
- DAILY VOICE | Re-rating of cyclical stocks on cards; invest in equity funds with 5-year horizon: George H Joseph of ITI MF
- The ASX set to drop, while tech stocks boost Wall Street
- Rubber extends losses amid Covid 2.0 concerns: How to trade
- Should you go for value stocks now?
- China's Q1 GDP posts first decline on record as COVID-19 shuts down economy
- Overheated stock market poses risks for Vietnam long-term growth: Experts
- Carnival Stock Surges On Big Sailing Plans. Will The Rally Continue?
Stocks struggle as U.S.-China trade row revives growth concerns; oil elevated have 335 words, post on www.metro.us at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.