Directors of Westlake-based Nordson Corp. (Nasdaq:NDSN) have authorized the repurchase of up to an additional $500 million of the company’s common shares.Nordson, a maker of precision dispensing equipment, said in a news release that the buyback authorization would supplement the $119 million remaining from its 2015 board authorization.Expected uses for repurchased shares include, but are not limited to, funding benefit programs including stock options, restricted stock and 401(k) matching, Nordson said in the release.The board’s authorization “reflects continued confidence in the long-term strength of our company and our ongoing commitment to creating shareholder value,” said Nordson president and CEO Michael F. Hilton in a statement. “Strong and consistent cash generation is a hallmark of our business, and we are pleased to be able to return this value to our shareholders through annual dividend increases and disciplined share repurchases. We also will continue making investments to fund long-term organic and acquisitive growth opportunities.”Nordson, founded in 1954, has operations and support offices in more than 30 countries. Its sales for fiscal 2017 were about $2.1 billion.
- S&P 500, Dow take a breather on trade deal doubts
- US STOCKS-S&P 500, Dow take a breather on trade deal doubts
- US STOCKS-S&P 500, Dow slip as trade-fuelled rally pauses
- IOC, ONGC, Oil India may buy back shares worth Rs 10,000 crore
- Strength in Diversity: A War The Marine Corps Is Yet to Win | Opinion
- Clive Palmer's fugitive nephew wanted for questioning over the $300 million collapse of Queensland Nickel is found in Bulgaria after leaving Australia nearly two years ago
- Perfect Corp. Wins 2019 Beauty Independent Innovation Awards
- Exclusive: Occidental seeks up to $700 million for Anadarko assets in Wyoming, Colorado - sources
- More than 500 species of plants have disappeared in the past 250 years potentially robbing us of sources for future drugs, new research reveals
- Spotify Is Raising Another $500M In Convertible Notes With Discounts On IPO Shares
Nordson Corp. authorizes an additional $500 million in share repurchases have 300 words, post on www.crainscleveland.com at September 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.